Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

2 New Cards, 2 New Challenges

Hi everyone!

I am here to share two new cards that I have made. I had fun playing with washi tape and watercolouring this week. Here is the first card:


Stamps: TGF Fairy Anya, Pink Cat Studios Enchanted Lily (Sentiment)
Ink: Archival Ink (Jet Black), Distress Ink (Tattered Rose)
Papers: watercolour paper
Cardstock: Bazzill (unsure of colour)
Colouring Medium: watercolour pencils, Distress Ink
Embellishments: washi tape (various colours and brands), Stickles, Gelly Roll Pen in Clear Star

I made this card for the bi-weekly challenge hosted by the lovely ladies over at the Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge blog. They are just starting up so head on over and show them a little love and play along with you want to! The theme for this week is rainbow. I wanted to actually use my washi tape, so I decided to use it as the main background. You can see where I incorporated my bit of rainbow in the Fairy Anya's wings and the washi background. I also wanted the fairy image to sparkle, cause well fairies are sparkly right? So I used my Gelly Roll Pen in Star Dust and my Stickles to accomplish this. I had fun creating this card and am looking forward to participating in future challenges on this blog!

The second card is an entry to the current C.C. Designs challenge. The challenge was to create a shaped card or a masculine card. I opted to create a shaped card. Now my card only has a scalloped shaped edge, so I hope that counts.


Stamps: C.C. Designs Ice Cream Birgitta
Ink: Archival Ink (Jet Black), Distress Ink (Tattered Rose)
Papers: watercolour paper
Cardstock: Bazzill (unsure of colour)
Colouring Medium: watercolour pencils, Distress Ink, Gelly Roll Glaze Pen
Embellishments: washi tape (various colours and brands)

I used washi tape as the background again, cause I was on a roll. Because my card base was white, I needed to put something behind my image, so I die cut a scalloped circle in a bright sunny orange to make it pop. I again stamped in Archival Ink on watercolour paper. I then watercoloured the image with Distress Inks and watercolour pencils. To finish is off I doodled around the edge of the card. I think this card turned out bright and sunny!

Thanks for stopping by. I have something special planned for a little later this week, make sure to stop back here or my YouTube channel to find out more! :)

3 comments:

  1. Your card is so fun and cute! I like the different coloured washi and the wings and hair are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the Sugar and Spice Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards Erin!! Thanks for playing along!!! :)

    ReplyDelete